For WhatsApp, it offers two various options to utilize its service on a PC and this includes, WhatsApp desktop apps or WhatsApp Web for various operating systems, OS X and Windows. Download free WhatsApp messenger for PC here.
According to data sourced from WhatsApp’s support page, you have the chance to use either the Web or desktop app of WhatsApp product if your phone supports one of the following features:
- Android operating system
- Features iOS 8.1 and above
- One of Windows Phone 8.0 or 8.1
- One of Nokia S60 or Nokia S40 EVO
- BlackBerry products and BlackBerry 10
When you install the WhatsApp on a PC, you will need to connect your phone either via a mobile or Wi-Fi connection. This is due to the fact that the platform reflects on the app of your smartphone. So if for instance, you are moving to another country and your phone doesn’t have a connection, you won’t be able to access WhatsApp on another gadget.
How to install WhatsApp’s desktop app
Installation of the desktop app is like installing WhatsApp Web, but there is one major difference – you are required to download and set up the application.
- Download free WhatsApp messenger for PC from this link, whatsapp.com/download.
- Mac users are required to decompress the file, and then change the move the file to the Application folder.
- Windows users are required to run the EXE file and follow the steps included.
- After loading the app, it will show you a QR code to scrutinize with the WhatsApp phone app. underneath the code; it will show you navigation that will assist you to locate the app’s scanning option. For instance, in the iOS app, click on Settings, then proceed to the WhatsApp Web.
- After scanning the code, it will allow you to view your WhatsApp messages on your smartphone and in the browser. It is not compulsory to connect your phone to Wi-Fi connection, but WhatsApp suggests that you use a Wi-Fi connection to limit the use of mobile data.
The design of WhatsApp’s desktop apps mirror gives you an exciting experience. You are able to perform lots of activities on the computer.